Nail art is a good way of complimenting your outfit or even displaying your creativity. On most occasions, nail professionals will be left to do most of nail artwork, but there are some that you can create by yourself using the following simple ways:
1. Using a tape to create a diagonal shape
You will first have to apply a base coat on your nails and leave them to dry. After that, take a piece of scotch tape and place it diagonally on your nails ensuring that you rub down to make it stick well. After that, you can apply any color of nail polish carefully one nail at a time. Just make sure that you pull the tape off carefully in the direction of the nail polish to get a clean line. After that, apply a top coat to protect the nails and the polish.
2. Using a bobby pin to create polka dots
It can work well with contrasting colors, for instance, white polka dots on red nail polish or black polka dots on gold nail polish. You need to apply a base coat; always the first step when applying any form of nail polish. After that apply the red, gold or any nail polish of your choice then leave it to dry off completely. After that, dip the rounded part of a bobby pin in the other nail polish and apply carefully each nail making sure that the dots are spaced evenly. A top coat is then applied to protect your nails.
3. Using glitter to create nail gradient art
Apply a top coat then apply a pink, yellow or any other bright nail polish. After that, apply glitter nail polish on half of the nail ensuring that the amount of glitter fades as it heads towards half of the nail. After that apply a top coat and then leave it to dry.
4. Use gold sharpie to make different kinds of nail art designs
Sharpies are nail art tools that come in different colors the major ones being gold and silver. Gold creates a more chic and elegant look and can work well for different nail polishes. You can only apply it after your nail polish has completely dried up. You can create patterns, metallic strips, love hearts, or whatever you want in order to create nail artwork.
5. Create a gradient by using a sponge
You will need two colors that clash or that compliment, a plastic sheet, sponge, and toothpicks. You can use any sponge or a foil for a plastic sheet. Follow the steps below when making the nail art
• Use the lightest color to paint your nails and let it dry completely
• Put the plastic sheet on top of a flat surface then paint a generous amount of both colors next to each other. Just make sure that their edges touch each other.
• Use a toothpick to mix the two colors at the point where the meet. The part where they mix determines how long the graduation will be, so a long graduation will require you to mix a larger section of the colors. However, for a less fade, mix only a tiny bit.
• Use the sponge to dab directly on the polish a few times.
• After that, dab the sponge on your nail lightly while moving it lightly up and down. Repeat the process as many times as possible making sure that the layer dries completely before dabbing again.
• Apply a top coat and clean the excess using a brush that has been dipped in acetone.
6. Creating a half moon using reinforcement stickers
You will need two nail polish colors. Apply one color, for instance, gold and leave it to dry. After that put the reinforcement sticker on a third of the nails, then apply the other polish. After that pull it off carefully and apply a top coat.
7. Extra tip – Use quality nail art tools
Sources: http://whataboutnails.com/, https://fancyfingerguns.wordpress.com, https://lacquermesilly.wordpress.com, https://coewlesspolish.wordpress.com, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTlSXLFFSeo, http://cutenaildesigns2015.com/, http://littlekokomo.com/