Most women love acrylic nails and the glamorous look it makes them have. They are usually fixed to the natural nail bed using nail glue. Nonetheless, they grow out with time, and they will have to be removed using any of the following methods:
1. Soaking acrylic nails in acetone
Follow the process below when removing acrylic nails using acetone
- Use a nail clipper to trim the tips of the acrylic nails. Alternatively, you can use a coarse nail file to reduce its length.
- Use a nail file to remove the top coat of the acrylic nails
- Put some acetone into a bowl and add warm water to make the acetone warm
- Apply petroleum jelly to the surrounding nail skin, apply the acetone using cotton balls, and then wrap the fingers tightly with aluminum foil for about thirty minutes.
- After that, remove the foil, scrap off the leftover acrylic using a nail buffer and then shape your natural nails.
2. Filing the acrylic nails
You will first have to clip your nails then file them making sure that you file away as much acrylic as possible. Just be careful not to overdo it since it can damage the nails. After that, use a cuticle stick to pry the edge of the acrylic nails. Lift the edge and place the end of a cuticle scissor under it and start clipping off the acrylic. Repeat this process until the acrylic is completely removed. Afterward, buff the nails in order to remove any traces of acrylic left.
PRO glass nail file can be a great choice if you decide to file your acrylic nails.
3. Using a dental floss
Removing acrylic using this method will require you to find someone who will help you as you follow the below steps:
- Pry the bottom edge of the acrylic nails using a cuticle stick
- Have the other person slide dental floss below the edge.
- He or she should then slide the dental floss back and forth while pulling it up to make the nail loose. The process should be repeated until the nail is completely removed, but it should not be done quickly.
- Lastly, buff your natural nails then apply moisturizer and cuticle cream.
4. Using acetone free nail polish remover
You will first have to apply petroleum jelly on your nails then follow the steps below:
- Spread a newspaper on a flat surface then place a bowl on it.
- Pour nail polish remover to half fill the bowl
- Dip your fingers for almost twenty minutes until the acrylic softens
- After that scrape off the acrylic gel using a wooden stick but be careful not scrape off the whole nail plate
- In case there is still some left over, dip your nails in the acetone free solution then buffer
- After the acrylic is removed completely, wash your hands, dry them, and apply a moisturizer.
5. Using alcohol
First, you will have to trim and cut your nails as short as you can use a nail clipper. After that pour some alcohol into a bowl and dip your finger in them for about five minutes. After that, remove the alcohol and gently wipe the acrylic off using a paper towel. The paper towel will easily remove the acrylic from your nails. Afterward, take a French manicure then apply a moisturizing cream at the ends.
6. Visit a salon
It is probably the best option in case you are not confident of doing it yourself. The manicurists are well trained and will follow all the necessary steps in order to remove the gel nails without damaging your nails. Nonetheless, you have to be ready to pay a fee.
Extra tip. Use Czech made crystal nail files.
After the acrylic nails are gone file and shape your nails using Czech glass nail files, they make the nails stronger and healthier.
Where to get Czech made crystal glass nail files?
Sources: https://breakrulesnotnails.wordpress.com, http://blubutterflynailtips.com/, https://themakeupcase17.wordpress.com, http://www.pritinyc.com/, http://sandiegofreepress.org/, http://www.nailtimespasalon.com/